Thursday, May 3, 2012

Perspectives on Diversity and Equity

This course is about diversity and equity. I find this an exciting and interesting topic as I have experienced many different cultures in many different countries. I taught in West Africa as a missionary children's teacher. I love working in Africa although it was very difficult in many ways such as not electricity, no running water, no refrigeration, no vehicle but the people were loving and accepting. I taught in two different language groups with children from 4 different countries, yes, missionaries from 4 different countries. I met diversity right in the face. I was not told when I went there that I was not only going to be living with African people but teaching children from 4 countries. They were all different grades also. This was a great challenge but I would not trade it for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment