Monday, November 14, 2011

My interest in the childhood field

My interest in the childhood field lies with the education of teachers going into the field. It appears that many young people who are going into the teacher field of early childhood have lots of book knowledge, which is good, but they are short on practical knowledge.
My focus for this class is the standards set by the states, particularly Kansas. I will be working to investigate the qualifications that are required for an Early Childhood teacher.
I want to research resources that teachers can use for children and their families if they are not knowledgeable or qualified to do so.
Thirdly, developing a mentoring system and how it could or would work for helping those inexperienced and uncommitted teachers to realize their potential. I know that mentoring systems are used in public school systems, at least some and they work. My daughter-in-law was mentored her first year, now she visits her mentor regularly. Her daughter goes with her to visit, Hannah asks often when they are going to visit Kay again. It not only helped my daughter-in-law but her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment